The beginning of the voyage

So we are starting out here with an idea. My name is Shannon and I recently found myself quite frustrated with the internet. I was wanting some new books to sink my teeth into, and I absolutely love traveling, so really wanted to incorporate them both. I was trying to find online some kind of a list, where there were books organized by the country they were set in. But anything that I could actually find was either a very small list just for either an individual country or small region; or all of the stereotypical books typically associated with their country of origin (not that there isn't a really good reason why they are so highly recommended in the first place!) Nonetheless I wanted a little bit more than that, and with consistently not finding anything, eventually I came to the conclusion. . . Why don't I just make one myself? 
. . .
At first thought, I kind of shut the idea down and thought that it didn't really seem like a "me" thing to do. But then the ideas started coming to me; how I could structure it, that I could do reviews and so on and eventually thought well why couldn't I do this? If I want something like this, who better to do it than me?
. . .
So now here is the mission
I want to try and find/review books from every corner of the world. Travel through the pages of the books around me. (I am a poor wee university student, who like a lot of others in the world, doesn't necessarily have a lot of time and or money to do all the forms of travel that I would like to!) I would like to try and cover youth fiction, adult fiction, historical fiction, modern-day fiction, and maybe some non-fiction as well! So a real variety. I want to do at least one book per general country/region (for instance Canada is a huge country, so at least one book for the different general areas), and I am very aware that some areas of the world may be a lot harder to cover in this sense than others (like perhaps.. North Korea?) But I also want to try and do things in a geographical manner. Starting with my home country: Canada. 
. . .
I hope that this may peak the interest of some people other than just myself! As I go along, I will definitely give my own personal opinions and at the same time try and give any further recommendations for people who enjoyed a specific book. Simultaneously if anyone has any recommendations for me please feel free to contact me and I will definitely take them into consideration! Also with due notice, I have no clue what pace this be going at but I am so excited to get started! 
. . .
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” 
― George R.R. MartinA Dance with Dragons
Here is some inspiration for our first country
Le beau pays 
🇨🇦     Canada            ðŸ‡¨ðŸ‡¦
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/75/54/90/7554900d9be3afa36e656961407610a4.jpg

Comments